The EDI Certificate Program will run January – September, 2023. Three tracks are available to contextualize the learning and application to Academic Affairs, Students Affairs, and Administration. Participants will complete core sessions (2 hours each) in their chosen track, three electives, and an experiential learning activity.
The certificate series concludes with a Theory to Action Project completed over the summer and shared with the certificate cohort in September. The Theory to Action project should demonstrate the learning and reflection that took place throughout the completion of the certificate's core and elective sessions. Examples of a Theory to Action Project are:
- A program for students
- An update in curriculum (design or readings)
- Submission of an article for publication or conference presentation proposal
- A campus-wide or community presentation
- In-service training for faculty, staff, departmental colleagues or students in one's area of work. Note: Redelivering a D&I Certificate Training course to one's own department does not count as a Theory to Action Project.
The selection process is designed to create a qualified, diverse, and inclusive participant group which enhances collaborative learning and reflects the scope of the University. A cohort group of 30 employees will be selected to participate through a competitive application process. Each participant must be an employee (faculty, staff, Graduate Assistant or Teaching Assistant) of the University with:
- Demonstrated interest in Equity, Diversity & Inclusion;
- Supervisor support for participation;
- Able and committed to actively participate in required sessions and electives, complete mini-assignments before and between sessions, and complete a Theory to Action project in Summer 2023.