EDI Office Hosts Event on Mental Health in the Work Place
Shared Screen with Speaker View
In observation of Disability Employment Awareness Month, the Equity, Diversity & Inclusion Office (EDI) in Human Resources, invites you to a panel discussion on Mental Health in the Workplace Mental illnesses/disorders are designated as disabilities under the Americans with Disabilities Act. An estimated 50% of all Americans have been diagnosed with a mental illness or disorder at some point in their lifetime and U.S. adults are reporting considerably elevated adverse mental health conditions related to COVID-19 (CDC). We think that is a very timely discussion.
Panelists will discuss the topics below as well as participate in a Q&A session:
- The difference between mental health and mental impairment;
- The impact of societal events on mental health and wellness;
- Mental health and wellness in the workplace (best practices and support resources).
Please mark your calendar and join us for this timely event!
Questions? Contact Amber Wagner at email@example.com.
Videos re Disability/Mental Health:
- 6 Ways to Cope with Coronavirus Stress and Anxiety: https://youtu.be/a5WgPKHxYFE
- Mental Health and Wellbeing Guide for Managers – Checking in During Covid-19: https://youtu.be/rEBR1SuyEG8
Disability/Mental Health Resources:
- University Counseling Center: https://counseling.fsu.edu/
- Employee Assistance Program: https://eap.fsu.edu/
- FMLA: https://hr.fsu.edu/?page=EDI/EDI_fmla
- ADA Reasonable Accommodations: https://hr.fsu.edu/sections/equity-diversity-inclusion/americans-disabilities-act-ada
- National Alliance on Mental Health: https://namiflorida.org/
- U.S. Department of Health & Human Services: https://www.mentalhealth.gov/
- National Institute of Mental Health: https://www.nimh.nih.gov/index.shtml
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration: https://www.samhsa.gov/find-help/national-helpline
- Crisis Text Line with Crisis Counselors: https://www.crisistextline.org/